Failed Migration to Linux

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 16:10:27 UTC 2012

David wrote:
> Win 2000 was not meant for home use. It was a business release and was
> very expensive. He either has a used machine that he bought at a swap
> meet or a Pirated copy.

FWIW, I have a legitimate personal copy of Windows 2000. The upgrade
cost about the same as a Windows 9x upgrade. I can’t remember at this
point in time if it allowed an upgrade from 9x: I upgraded from a
student version of Windows NT.

I’ve still got a virtual machine around running Windows 2000, although
it’s ages since I booted it. (Don’t worry: when Windows 2000 went EOL, I
removed the virtual network card, so it’s now standalone).

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Solder:  a military man with an eye missing
aprilcottage.co.uk | Capable: two things you need to be a matador