[OT] was: Re: Magic sysrq key

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 11:41:31 UTC 2012

On 24 August 2012 12:27, Jeff Gipson <jeffagipson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've completely given up correcting grammar, usage, and spelling errors in
> threads. In addition to being counter-productive, I have come to recognize
> that to many of those participating, English may not be the primary
> language. Outside of computer languages, I *only* know English, a difficult
> language to master. Therefore, I neither mock nor jive participants for the
> quality of their language.

Mocking is one thing, but if someone isn't talking in their first
language then maybe you're doing them a favour if you (gently!) give
them a correction once in a while. Of course a direct email is more
appropriate for that than a post to the list. (Also, occasionally I do
have to ask on-list for a clarification if the meaning is actually
completely impenetrable.)

since capitalisation & punction is frly standrd amng yurpean langages
i usuly rgrd som1 wrting lik thid as jst bing 2 lazy 2 comunicat
proprly r chk there pots b4 snding

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk