How to revert to Thunderbird 14? Thunderbird 15 breaks an add-on

David dgboles at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 18:58:20 UTC 2012

On 8/30/2012 2:29 PM, Don Levey wrote:
> On 8/30/2012 11:10, Nate Pearlstein wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> So thunderbird 15 breaks the Exchange 2007/2010 Calendar and Tasks
>> Provider 1.8.5 add on.  There isn't a newer version of the add-on available.
>>
> Wouldn't it be nice if the installation routine checked for add-on
> incompatibilities *before* it actually installed the new version?
>   -Don

Why would you expect Mozilla to check each and every one of thousands of
extensions, written by other developers, to be compatible with an
updated Thunderbird. Especially when that update also provides security
patches?

I would think that the *user* should be responsible to check that. That
way the *user* would know that this extension still works when mixed in
with all of the other extensions that this *user* has installed. A
compilation that might be unique. A 'one of a kind' combination.

--

   David