not sure this is the best place, but...

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Dec 2 23:30:21 UTC 2012

	guys,

	I rely on a python script that *I* did not write  to make my
	keys click.  {i've already run thru two expensive "clicky"
	keyboards... .}  anyway, my click program no longer works.
	it cant find "Xlib"  I have no clue.  so I did a

		# yum install python*

	to see if that got the missing parts.  it turns out that there
	is, indeed, something that is program in the install.  the
	key-click.py script has been working on ubuntu and now on
	fedora-17.  I'm wondering if this:

--> Running transaction check
---> Package hunspell-en-GB.noarch 0:0.20110318-9.fc17 will be installed
---> Package python-tahrir.noarch 0:0.1.8-1.fc17 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: python-pyramid-tm for package:
python-tahrir-0.1.8-1.fc17.noarch
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: python-tahrir-0.1.8-1.fc17.noarch (updates)
           Requires: python-pyramid-tm
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

	might be the cause of my click error:

pts/4 15:17 <tao> [3851] ./key_click.py
~/bin/keyclick/src/keyclick
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./key_click.py", line 37, in <module>
    import xlib
  File "/home/kline/bin/keyclick/src/keyclick/xlib.py", line 25, in
<module>
    from Xlib import display
ImportError: No module named Xlib

	Another thought is that under gnome, the click program worked.
	any ideas?

	gary

	PS: I Want to port this keyclick program to C because it is a
	load hog... .

              Twenty-six years of service to the Unix community.