Disabling NetworkManager

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 4 03:49:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 01:50:18PM +1030, Tim wrote:
> >> Well, what version are you using?  I'm on Fedora 17, now.  The current
> >> release of Fedora.  My Gnome desktop has different results for left or
> >> right clicking on the NetworkManager icon.
> > Yep -- that's Gnome 3.4. In the upcoming F18 release, Gnome 3.6 changes the
> > behavior.
> Well, on *this* list, we discuss using the current releases.  If someone
> wants to bring up things that don't exist yet, they should be using the
> test list.

Actually, I think it's not just okay to talk about upcoming changes here,
but a really good idea. I apologize for just giving the Gnome version and
not mentioning the corresponding Fedora version, but in any case I was not
talking about testing Fedora or commenting on the test release -- just
noting what's coming up for all Gnome users.