Disabling NetworkManager

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:32:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 22:49 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > > Yep -- that's Gnome 3.4. In the upcoming F18 release, Gnome 3.6 changes the
> > > behavior.
> > Well, on *this* list, we discuss using the current releases.  If someone
> > wants to bring up things that don't exist yet, they should be using the
> > test list.
>
> Actually, I think it's not just okay to talk about upcoming changes here,
> but a really good idea. I apologize for just giving the Gnome version and
> not mentioning the corresponding Fedora version, but in any case I was not
> talking about testing Fedora or commenting on the test release -- just
> noting what's coming up for all Gnome users.

The Fedora Test List is for discussing all testing of Fedora-related
software, not just unreleased distros. The User list (i.e. this one) is
for discussing released versions that are still supported. Note that not
everyone on the Test list reads the Users list, so posting on Users when
you want to comment on unreleased components is going to miss at least
some of the audience who might want to read your post (and of course
cross-posting is frowned on as well).

poc