FYI, LibreCAD 2.0-beta Fedora build process.

Steve linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:07:33 UTC 2012

I was successfully, happily running LibreCAD
(librecad-2.0.0alpha4-2.1.x86_64) when I encountered the problem of not
being able to scale a drawing prior to printing it.

After checking the website (http://librecad.org/cms/home.html) and the
wiki (http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/Main_Page) and Source Forge, I
came to the conclusion that this issue had been addressed in the current
release, but that no public release had been made since 2.0.0alpha, even
though there are some indications that a beta was released.

So... in an effort to resolve my issue, I was forced to build librecad
from source.   As there are no public instructions on doing this,
especially on Fedora, I thought I'd share mine.

I use KDE exclusively on this

uname -a
Linux XPS.localdomain 3.6.9-2.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 4 13:26:04 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The first thing I did was remove my existing libreCAD installation,
which was via a downloaded RPM.  'yum remove librecad'

The next thing I did was download the master source via a ZIP file from
here.
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD

Uncompress it and cd into its root directory.

The instructions on the github page say to build librecad with

|qmake librecad.pro
make

Before doing that, make sure you have qt-dev installed.  Then issue a
"qmake-qt4 librecad" instead. When that completes, issue a "make" command.

My build process stopped with an error stating that libreCADicon.png
could not be found.  I cured this problem by cding to
LibreCAD-master/librecad/support/doc/img/ and 'cp librecadlogo.png
libreCADicon.png'  That obviously doesn't install the icon that the
developers were expecting, but it works well enough to get the build
complete.

At this point the make process should complete without errors.

If it doesn't, check the github page for dependency issues by consulting
the dependency list for the Ubuntu installation.  I previously build
librecad on my computer, so I may have addressed the dependencies prior
to this build.

Once the build completes, cd into the unix directory and ./librecad to
run it.

FWIW, I think librecad is a very good 2D drafting application.  I am
very happy to see developers spearhead further development on it.

I hope this helps someone.

Linuxguy.