automatic helpers which really suck!

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Dec 16 13:28:35 UTC 2012

Am 16.12.2012 11:31, schrieb François Patte:
> And, because there exist dumb programmers, everybody must change his mail
> reader, until a new stupidity comes in mind of the developpers of the
> new mail reader you have chosen...

+1

> I moved from gnome to xfce because of gnome3, I'll move from TB to
> claws..., I'll move from fedora to debian... until...

+1

> Death developpers think that people are just playing with computers,
> they don't work at all, and they have a lot of time to configure their
> new stupid fantasies

+1

developers need to realize that their work is crap if they actively
force users to change their way doing things - improvements if they
are well designed and implemented are not invasive for the enduser

and yes, i know about what i am speaking because i am doing this
since many years and yes i know it takes more time to implement things
and migration paths to avoid impact on teh users side

but if you are not willing or able to work this way you are doing
the wrong job and should not be called a developer at all