automatic helpers which really suck!

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 16 23:35:00 UTC 2012

Allegedly, on or about 16 December 2012, François Patte sent:
> And, because there exist dumb programmers, everybody must change his
> mail reader, until a new stupidity comes in mind of the developpers of
> the new mail reader you have chosen...

Unfortunately, that has always been the way.  Software keeps on
changing, and it's not always an "upgrade."  You can say the same for
other technology, too.  e.g. Digital radio and TV, with poorer quality
sound and/or picture, worse reception problems, more complicated to use.

Hence why several of my computers are still on Fedora 9.  They work how
I want, don't need updating, and I'd have to throw away the hardware and
buy new expensive hardware to be able to run the current OS on them.

> Death developpers think that people are just playing with computers,
> they don't work at all, and they have a lot of time to configure their
> new stupid fantasies.

I'm not sure what a "death developer" is, it sounds quite awful.  But I
agree with the complaint that some people just endlessly fiddle with
their computers, without actually really using them, and think that
everybody else does the same thing.

Mine actually gets used as a tool, fiddling around with it is the last
thing I want to do.  It wastes my time having to tweak things to get
them to do what I want them to.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.9-2.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 4 13:26:04 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.