Simple Question Re: FedUp

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 22:40:35 UTC 2012

On 12/17/2012 03:38 AM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> On 12/17/2012 03:30 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>
>> On 12/16/2012 07:12 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>>> OMG!.......incredible!
>>>
>> Why?  Granted, it was back in 1968, but the computer I was working on
>> (IBM 1620, MOD 2) was already outdated, and nearly obsolete.
> My brother (he's eleven years older than I at sixty-four) comes from the
> same background. He ended up as a business analyst for a top insurance
> company & is now very comfortably retired on the Isle of Man.
>
> He made me smile the other day when his wife finally persuaded him to to
> use Twitter. His first Tweet was to the effect that he couldn't
> understand what all the fuss was about Twitter's 140 character limit
> because he'd been used to only having 80 to play with :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Phil...

Indeed!?....I only JUST recently got my 67 year old Mum to install and
USE Fuduntu Linux on her old Dell Inspirion...and she's getting used to
the fact that there's no Symantec...or McAfee pop-up scaring the
daylights out of her telling her her machine is infected and she needs
to pay $69.99 to download their latest version of anti-virus software!
Its kinda funny (in a slightly amusing way!) watching someone who's
experiencing FireFox....Pidgin....and Evolution for the FIRST time!...It
makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

EGO II