VirtualBox: After restoring fc17 NetworkManager cannot enable p2p1 automatically

Dan Woizek sv110 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 11:11:13 UTC 2012

Dear fedora users,

I spend several hours on finding information about the following incident:

0. I can brows the internet on my fc17 guest using "VirtualBox v4.2.4 r81684"
1. on linux host I "Save the machine state" of fc17 guest

2. next day I restore fc17 guest
3. incident: NetworkManager applet cannot enable activated interface p2p1 automatically
4. further investigation shows that using "/etc/init.d/network status" hangs with command "/sbin/ip -o link show up"; also activation of network via "systemctl restart NetworkManager.service" results in "failed"

How reproducible: # service network status Actual results: Configured devices: lo Wired_connection_1 p2p1 Currently active devices: Expected results: Configured devices: lo Wired_connection_1 p2p1 Currently active devices: lo p2p1

This looks similar to bug "Bug 215074 - "/etc/init.d/network status" doesn't show active devices; loopback goes away on APM suspend/resume". But this bug is already closed. Maybe this needs to be reopened?

What do you recomend as a workaround because I would like to use the "Save the machine state" mode regularly?

Thanks!

Dan