Can anyone recommend a good video editing tool?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 13:29:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
> I am looking for something to edit video and snip a few passages out to
> save. Something like audacity for video. I am loading avidemux as I type,
> but the avi format seems to have limitations which are much more restrictive
> than mpg. The OReilly "Multimedia" book is seven years old, and is more like
> a history book than a useful user guide by now.

Back to the original question :)

It appears you already have RPM Fusion repository installed?

That being the case I would recommend Openshot or Kdenlive. They are
much newer alternatives to Kino which last I checked was really only
designed for editing DV recordings (no HD).

Openshot is largely python based and has a nice interface and is
pretty simple to use. Kdenlive (as the name suggests) uses the KDE
libraries and in KDE fashion is powerful but also more complicated.
You may want to avoid this if you don't have KDE installed and don't
want to pull in a bunch of deps.

Richard