Choice of repository error I think

don fisher hdf3 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 2 23:05:01 UTC 2012

On 02/02/12 15:13, Rares Aioanei wrote:
> On 02/02/2012 11:49 PM, don fisher wrote:
>> I recently installed F16. I had the fedora-update.repo repository
>> enabled when I ran yum. Should fedora-updates.repo be enabled?
>>
>> Yum installed firefox-10.0-1.fc16.x86_64 and
>> xulrunner-10.0-1.fc16.x86_64. This combination does not appear to
>> work. I do not know how to get back to where I was before the upgrade.
>> I tried:
>>
>> yum downgrade
>> yum distribution-synchronization
>>
>> after disabling the fedora-updates.repo.
>>
>> Any assistance would be appreciated. I am trying to return from
>> Ubuntu, so it has been awhile.
>>
>> Don
> What's the output of 'yum repolist' ?

Output of yum repolist is:
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
repo id                                              repo name
                                                       status
adobe-linux-i386                                     Adobe Systems
Incorporated                                                  17
adobe-linux-x86_64                                   Adobe Systems
Incorporated                                                   2
fedora                                               Fedora 16 - x86_64
                                                       25098
rpmfusion-free                                       RPM Fusion for
Fedora 16 - Free                                            428
rpmfusion-free-updates                               RPM Fusion for
Fedora 16 - Free - Updates                                  299
rpmfusion-nonfree                                    RPM Fusion for
Fedora 16 - Nonfree                                         171
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                            RPM Fusion for
Fedora 16 - Nonfree - Updates                               132
updates                                              Fedora 16 - x86_64
- Updates                                              6334
re
|    Don Fisher                         hdf3 at comcast.net        |
|    865 W. Cresta Loma Dr.             VOICE: (520)888-7613    |
|    Tucson, AZ. 85704-3705                                     |