Sound stopped working -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Feb 4 12:47:34 UTC 2012

On 04/02/12 05:21, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> Sorry I can't be of more help. If any of the above doesn't work,
> you're probably right about it being a hardware issue. Everything else
> in PA-land looks fine. -T.C.

        No, that's a lot of help, it gives me more insight into how to
        troubleshoot the problem.

        Mainly I need sound to announce incoming e-mail/text messages. I
        filter them to voice announcements, etc.

        The trouble arose with a program [from yum] fldigi which
        interconnects the computer with the HF radio providing phase
        shift keying for transmit and receive. PA enables controlling
        the levels, the signaling is via audio frequencies, and normally
        it works well. I'm running out of jacks so have been using the
        front panel audio output jack and have been pulling the plug
        when I wanted to use the radio system, perhaps resulting in a
        failure there ... However the problem seemed to happen after I
        plugged in that USB sound gadget to see if I could get an extra
        jack there, after which I began to have audio problems.

        Anyway armed with new information I will have another go at it
        later.

        Thanks much,

        Bob