Android anyone?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Feb 7 14:29:58 UTC 2012

I've just acquired a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone,
and am somewhat disappointed at the lack of Fedora facilities
for communicating with the phone.

Is there any documentation explaining eg how to transfer contacts
to and from an Android phone?
The only Fedora documentation I have found is concerned with development,
presumably on the phone.
I'm looking for something much lower down the intellectual ladder.

I've seen it suggested that the android-tools package
is the Linux version of the Windows program Kries
(which works out "out of the box" on the phone)
but it seems to be aimed at an entirely different audience.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net