Yum and Fedora 16

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Feb 8 18:37:28 UTC 2012

Am 08.02.2012 19:27, schrieb n2xssvv.g02gfr12930:

> Currently I'm using Fedora 14, but after upgrading my PC I decided to
> try and install Fedora 16 from the KDE spin, (no problem). The problem
> arises when trying to do yum updates, I get multiple errors, some of
> which stop Fedora 16 from shutting down. Sadly, based on this
> experience, and previous experience trying to upgrade to Fedora 15 I'm
> considering looking into another Linux distribution. My patience with
> these problems, (2+ days already), is rapidly wearing thin! Piecemeal
> updating by trial and error makes for a less than friendly release!
>
> Looks like I may have to wait for Fedora 17 for a yum friendly release.

* describe you problem exactly
* describe the packages changing behavior
* describe you hardware

and first please read your post and think about what you could
do with this informations as a foreigner!

normally i owuld downgrade all packages introducing the problems
and update them one by one to identifie what triggers the problem