Yum and Fedora 16

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 8 18:50:27 UTC 2012

On 08/02/12 18:37, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 08.02.2012 19:27, schrieb n2xssvv.g02gfr12930:
>>
>> Currently I'm using Fedora 14, but after upgrading my PC I decided to
>> try and install Fedora 16 from the KDE spin, (no problem). The problem
>> arises when trying to do yum updates, I get multiple errors, some of
>> which stop Fedora 16 from shutting down. Sadly, based on this
>> experience, and previous experience trying to upgrade to Fedora 15 I'm
>> considering looking into another Linux distribution. My patience with
>> these problems, (2+ days already), is rapidly wearing thin! Piecemeal
>> updating by trial and error makes for a less than friendly release!
>>
>> Looks like I may have to wait for Fedora 17 for a yum friendly release.
>
> * describe you problem exactly
> * describe the packages changing behavior
> * describe you hardware
>
> and first please read your post and think about what you could
> do with this informations as a foreigner!
>
> normally i owuld downgrade all packages introducing the problems
> and update them one by one to identifie what triggers the problem

If only I could get repeatable errors! Rest assured I've been
persistent, but I've never had this many problems when
installing/upgrading a Fedora release. If another Linux distribution can
install and upgrade more easily then why should I persist with Fedora?
How much time would you be prepared to spend continually trying to
update with yum? No offence to anybody, but after persisting with Fedora
since Fedora core 2 I'm somewhat disappointed.