Yum and Fedora 16 -- focus on "new/moved filesystems"

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Feb 9 19:50:37 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 11:04 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> you know the difference between MOVE and COPY?
> /usrmove != /usrcopy

Of course I do.  However, I've learned better than to assume that things
like this are named the way you think they are.  Just because it's
called usrmove doesn't mean that it couldn't have been implemented as a
copy, although for the life of me, I can't see why.  But then, I've seen
large numbers of decisions made recently that make no sense to me.

 > sorry, even if i see no single sense in this adventure but
 > believing the will somehting be copied and after that maintained
 > with the package managment is a little naive even if obe
 > does not know the meaning of the word "move"

Is there a reason that you feel compelled to add gratuitous insults to
as many of your posts as possible?  If so, you might spend a moment
contemplating the fact that I waste neither time nor bandwith nitpicking
your spelling, because English is clearly not your first language.