Cannot log in after boot:-(

don fisher hdf3 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 9 20:07:01 UTC 2012

On 02/09/12 13:00, James Wilkinson wrote:
> don fisher wrote:
>> I guess I am not sure which level it is. I linked
>> /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target  to
>> /etc/systemd/system/default.target. It may be level 3. The system
>> used to work until a crash. I restored the system, but something is
>> amiss in the login verification.
>
> Did you restore all the selinux contexts?
>
> Try booting in permissive mode, or run
> touch /.autorelabel
> and reboot.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> James.

James,

Please help with details. I just converted back from Ubuntu, so have
been away for awhile. What selinux contexts would need to be restored?
And how does one run in permissive mode? I have not been careful to
restore the rw permissions on the passwd/group etc. files. Does it check
for that?

Thanks
don