Android-tools

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Feb 10 14:21:54 UTC 2012

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
> But by "sync" do you mean transfer from Google to the phone?
> Actually, my first wish - I didn't make this clear -
> is to transfer contacts from the phone to my computer or to google.
> I don't know how to do this.

No. You can sync your phone with Google. That means, literally, that
your phone will sync your contacts, and whatever else, with your Google
account. This will make all your data visible from a web browser on
google.com (gmail for contacts, calendar, etc.). If you make changes on
google.com and sync with your phone those changes will be reflected on
your phone.

> Also, I'm a KDE user, though I guess anything in Gnome
> probably have an equivalent somewhere in KDE.

A quick Google search turned this up:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=61649

> Incidentally, I've always assumed that the word "sync" meant
> to make the data in two places, eg phone and computer, the same.
> But it seems to be used in this context simply to mean
> "transfer from A to B"

No, I literally meant sync. Not "sync".