Android-tools

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Feb 10 15:39:11 UTC 2012

Michael Cronenworth wrote:

>> But by "sync" do you mean transfer from Google to the phone?
>> Actually, my first wish - I didn't make this clear -
>> is to transfer contacts from the phone to my computer or to google.
>> I don't know how to do this.
>
> No. You can sync your phone with Google.

How exactly (or even roughly) do you do this?
Assuming you have an Android phone,
and have transferred contacts from the phone to your Google account,
could you tell me, please, what commands you gave on your phone
or on your Google account.

> That means, literally, that
> your phone will sync your contacts, and whatever else, with your Google
> account.

I don't know the literal meaning of the term "sync",
unless it is a synonym for "synchronization",
which I take to mean in this context
that the data in two places is made the same.

> This will make all your data visible from a web browser on
> google.com (gmail for contacts, calendar, etc.). If you make changes on
> google.com and sync with your phone those changes will be reflected on
> your phone.

I'm talking about going in the opposite direction - from phone to Google.

>> Also, I'm a KDE user, though I guess anything in Gnome
>> probably have an equivalent somewhere in KDE.
>
> A quick Google search turned this up:
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=61649

Which contribution to this did you find relevant?
It seems to be a litany of people who are, or were, trying to do
more or less the same as me, but who failed in much the same way.

The only usefuly piece of information I saw there was that
"KDE 4.4 will contain a KContactManager",
which I cannot find on my KDE 4.7.4
--------------------------------
[tim at blanche ~]$ KContactManager
bash: KContactManager: command not found
[tim at blanche ~]$ locate KContactManager
[tim at blanche ~]$

> No, I literally meant sync. Not "sync".
Non capito.
Non compris.