Googlecl

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Fri Feb 10 21:52:58 UTC 2012

On Feb 10, 2012 2:58 PM, "Timothy Murphy" <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> Pete Travis wrote:
>
> > Why do you need to run this as root?
>
> I ran it with and without sudo,
> just to see if there was any difference.
> There wasn't.
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
> s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College Dublin
>

> --

It it in your best interests to get out of that habit.  You are going to
start seeing strange problems you don't understand, and things will break
in ways that are hard to troubleshoot and fix.  Your system sounds pretty
mixed up, and I'm guessing that running things as root unecessarily is a
contributing factor.