"Starts and stops login and scanning of iSCSI devices" fails and blocks boot for about 1 minute

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Feb 11 14:40:08 UTC 2012

On 11/02/12 13:28, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since last update, booting my ssd powered notebook takes quite a lot
> of time (2-3min instead of 30s).
> In /var/log/boot.log I found the following message:
>
> Failed to start LSB: Starts and stops login and scanning of iSCSI devices.
>
> Is this a known problem? Is there anything I can do to get a more
> detailed error message?
>
> Thank you in advance, Clemens

I've been seeing very slow boots too, on F15.  I posted a short note, in
passing, on the ATrpms list on 27 Jan.  Noone else has commented.

  'For the past week I've been seeing very slow boots, with the pauses
apparently coinciding with 'Start and stop mysqld server' and
'sm-client'.  It may have started with a kde-related update, or maybe
with my move to behind a router.  Seems to work in the end but the pause
is agonising!'

John P