"Starts and stops login and scanning of iSCSI devices" fails and blocks boot for about 1 minute

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 22:18:09 UTC 2012

Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I think its actually a systemd bug.
Updating to updates-testing didn't help unfourtunatly.

In /var/boot/boot.log the following problem is reported, which seems
to actually delay the boot:

Failed to start LSB: Starts and stops login and scanning of iSCSI
devices.
              [FAILED]
See 'systemctl status iscsi.service' for details.

however, status tells me everything went fine, and iscsi is running:

$ systemctl status iscsi.service
iscsi.service - LSB: Starts and stops login and scanning of iSCSI devices.
	  Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/iscsi)
	  Active: active (exited) since Sat, 11 Feb 2012 23:17:58 +0100; 18s ago
	 Process: 1731 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/iscsi start (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)
	  CGroup: name=systemd:/system/iscsi.service

Any idea what could be the problem?
Having to wait 2-5min for the machine to boot is more annoying than
one would expect ;)

Thanks, Clemens