Android-tools

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 14 01:17:57 UTC 2012

On 14-02-12 01:57, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 15:39 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>> No. You can sync your phone with Google.
>>
>> How exactly (or even roughly) do you do this?
>> Assuming you have an Android phone,
>> and have transferred contacts from the phone to your Google account,
>> could you tell me, please, what commands you gave on your phone
>> or on your Google account.

When starting the phone for the first time it will ask you for your
Gmail account. Just give it your Gmail account and it will sync your
contacts, (G)email and calendar automagically. You can also enter that
info later on (if you skipped it).

> I'm assuming that the data will just be kept in sync without any
> explicit action on my part.

That is indeed the case on my Nexus S with Android 4.0.3 which keeps
data in sync automagically.

Should you need an IPsec VPN then be aware that there is a bug in their
implementation or an incompatibility between ipsec-tools in Android 4
and Openswan in CentOS 6.2. The bug id is 23124.

Regards,
Patrick