No sound -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 15 09:33:55 UTC 2012

On 14/02/12 20:40, Fedora User wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:05:28 -0500
> Bob Goodwin<bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>  wrote:
>

>>      Suggestions?
>>
>>      Bob
>>
> Try the "messy" PA solution that I posted earlier in the day. Sometimes
> things that work for me actually work for other people.

        "In Pulse v. Me, this is just some trial and error. YMMV

        The symptom is not being able to select the correct audio output device.

        What seems to work is, from root, pulseaudio --kill&&  pulseaudio -D

        Pulse will kvetch about running from root (I DID say that it is messy).

        Gnome-control-center: The proper card is selected.

        KDE system settings: The device list is replaced with "Pulseaudio Sound
        Server" while all of the options are available in "Audio Hardware Setup""

    I did the above but don't have "Gnome-control-center." I have been
    using XFCE for several years and I don't know how to do that with
    xfce? At any rate killing and re-starting PA as root did not help in
    this case. But since I barely know what I am doing and grasping at
    straws am willing to try anything.

    Thanks,

    Bob