issues logging in after fresh install fc16

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 18 16:54:56 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 02:05 -0800, Les Howell wrote:
> And for those who don't like the new format of the desktop +1.... to
> get to a specific application before with a right click and a pull
> down, it is replaced with two clicks, a scroll some more clicks and
> other handwaving of one sort or another.  AND NO LIST.  What about the
> visually impared.  How can a screen reader deal with this?

And the fun of looking through all the icons, or watching the system
grind its gears coping with masses of them (some off screen, some on
screen), on a system where someone has done a kitchen sink install.

Seriously, someone thought this was a good idea?  I suppose they'd
prefer public libraries don't categorise the books, and don't shelve
them where you can look for them in logical places, but pile every book
on the floor.

After brief playing around with it, I decided it was an incredibly
stupid interface, and made use of the gnome fallback option, to give me
a Gnome 2 kind of interface.  But it's still overblown and sluggish.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.