Ogg to mp3, anyone?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Feb 20 01:10:50 UTC 2012

On 02/20/2012 09:03 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm looking for a Fedora/KDE application to convert ogg music format to mp3.
> (My Android phone does not accept .ogg files.)
>
> I read of a program "sneetchalizer", which apparently is a ruby script,
> <http://badcomputer.org/unix/code/sneetchalizer/>,
> but despite innumerable clues I've been unable to find the program itself.
>
> If anyone knows where I can find this program,
> or any program to convert Ogg audio files to mp3,
> I would be very grateful.

It seems a simple google search of "convert ogg to mp3 linux" would get
you going.

Giving a cursory glance would seem to indicate this can easily be done
on the command line using a combination of  oggdec and lame.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.
You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis