Adobe and Google Partnering for Flash Player on Linux

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 23 18:20:52 UTC 2012

On 2/23/2012 12:14 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:

> I've been running strictly Linux since F9.  The only time I'm at a
> computer running Windows is when I'm at my SF club playing a
> first-person shooter on one of the club's Windows boxes.  Strictly
> speaking, my desktop is still dual boot, but I haven't booted into
> Win98SE in years, and don't expect to.

Joe:

With the introduction of F16, Totem either crashes or misplays (I've
submitted bugs ... never heard back). There's a limit to how long I'll
keep one machine on F14, so Windows will become media machine until
Totem is fixes (or, if not Totem, whatever is the problem underneath).

Turbo Tax is Windows and, though I only need it once a year, I need it.

Cygwin has always been good to have around for test ports to see if its
compiler looks at things differently (yes, it does, especially on
optimization).

Still bump into the occasional website that works better under Windows/IE.

To me, that's pretty much a case of being off Windows except when its
the right tool.

Paul