Scan does not work on either F-16 box -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Feb 24 16:10:26 UTC 2012

On 24/02/12 10:32, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 02/24/2012 09:34 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>
>> Did that, unplug scanner, run setenforce 0, plug in scanner and try
>> "xsane" again, same error, device not available. Is there a command
>> to verify it's actually switched to permissive? There's so much to
>> know!
>>
>> Is there something I need to enable under "Users and Groups"
>> possibly? I looked there but didn't see anything I recognized as
>> applicable?
>>
>> Bob
>>

> getenforce
>
> I doubt there is a SELinux problem if this a happens in permissive mode.
>
> ausearch -m avc -ts recent

    "getenforce" is what I needed to instill confidence in the command.

        [root at box6 usb]# setenforce 0

        [root at box6 usb]# getenforce
        Permissive

    Tried plugging in both [USB] scanners with same result, device is
    not available.

        [root at box6 usb]# ausearch -m avc -ts recent
        <no matches>

    That seems to indicate there's no SELinux problem.

    Thanks Dan,

    Bob