Scan does not work on either F-16 box -

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:24:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:10:26 -0500, BG (Bob) wrote:

>         [root at box6 usb]# getenforce
>         Permissive
>

>     Tried plugging in both [USB] scanners with same result, device is
>     not available.
>
>         [root at box6 usb]# ausearch -m avc -ts recent
>         <no matches>
>

>     That seems to indicate there's no SELinux problem.

Okay. I'm running out of ideas as currently I don't have XFCE running
anywhere to take a look. Perhaps something's missing in the XFCE setup?

What does "systemd-loginctl" print (as root or normal user)?

Do you see messages about attaching/removing the scanner when you
keep "udevadm monitor" running in a terminal as root?

What is the output for:  rpm -qa systemd\*