Openvpn under Fedora-16

Louis Lagendijk louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 6 11:40:03 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 01:10 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I can start openvpn with
> [tim at blanche ~]$ sudo systemctl start openvpn at client.service
> (My openvpn config file is /etc/openvpn/client.conf ,
> which I think is more or less standard.)
>
> But I don't know how to turn it on permanently, eg I get
> [tim at blanche ~]$ sudo systemctl enable openvpn at client.service
> Failed to issue method call: No such file or directory
>
> The whole thing seems to me extraordinarily badly documented,
> even by Linux standards.
> Or is it a bug?

Do you want to run as client or as server? Clients are run from
NetworkManager (I am running openvpn under F16 that way). And there is
a /lib/systemd/system/openvpn at .service so you have to manually creeate
a /etc/systemd/system/openvpn@<yourconfigname>.service and enable that.
Have a look at the vncserver service file for some details

And, yes, I agree: documentation is pretty thin
Louis