no internet connection with Fedora16

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 23:20:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> Personally, I think NM tries to do too much;
> I would much prefer an application that just dealt with WiFi.

Really, wired connections require absolutely nothing extra that
NetworkManager wouldn't have to deal with for wifi connections, so why
not let it handle wired connections too?

I occasionally use a wired connection with my laptop that normally
uses wireless connections (usually to get a faster transfer rate to a
local machine, since I haven't felt the need to switch to 802.11n yet)
and it would be really annoying if I had to go mess around in
/etc/sysconfig to get it working every time.  With NetworkManager I
just plug in an ethernet cord and it "just works".

-T.C.