Fc16 printer not running

david walcroft dwalcroft at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 12 23:38:44 UTC 2012

On 01/13/2012 09:32 AM, david walcroft wrote:
> I have just done a Fc16 x86_64 minimal install,I could not print
> so I tried installing "hplip" for my HP psc2110,to my surprise it
> installed as I thought it was installed during the Fc16 minimal install.
> I get this error on using systemctl.
>
> [david at reddwarf ~]$ su -c '/sbin/systemctl start cups.service'
> Password:
> bash: /sbin/systemctl: No such file or directory
> [david at reddwarf ~]$ su -c systemctl start cups.service
> su: user start does not exist
> [david at reddwarf ~]$ su -c 'cupsctl LogLevel=debug2'
> Password:
> cupsctl: Unable to connect to server: Connection refused
> [david at reddwarf ~]$
>
> I also tried to enter Cups admin via "http://localhost:631/admin" but
> received a 'cannot connect to server' error.
>
> I tried -
>
> [david at reddwarf ~]$ service cups restart
> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart cups.service
> Failed to issue method call: Access denied
>
> I also tried 'system config printer' but only had a 'start server' button
>
> Thanks david

I have just tried :-

[david at reddwarf ~]$ wget http://localhost:631/admin/log/error_log
--2012-01-13 09:35:54--  http://localhost:631/admin/log/error_log
Resolving localhost... ::1, 127.0.0.1
Connecting to localhost|::1|:631... failed: Connection refused.
Connecting to localhost|127.0.0.1|:631... failed: Connection refused.
[1]+  Done                    system-config-printer
[david at reddwarf ~]$

Thanks   david