gnome3

Patrick Dupre patrick.dupre at york.ac.uk
Sun Jan 15 14:25:06 UTC 2012

Hello,

It looks like that I am missing something.
opera does not complains, but if I right click on an extension (let say
dock), then it goes to:
extensions.gnome.org/extension/17/dock/

Then what should I do?
I do not know how to install the extension!!

"Click on the button to the right of the name to install it. You will be
promted to authenticated."

I can click right and validate
but I get: Errors found while checking this document as
HTML5

It does not work with konqueror or firefox 9.0.1

Thanks for some help.

> On Sun, 15 Jan 2012, Constantine wrote:
>
>> Hi! If you use google-chrome than it has some problem with
>> https://extensions.gnome.org/ in current version of gnome-shell. Just try
>> to do it via firefox.
>
> I only use firefox.
>

>> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Patrick Dupre
>> <patrick.dupre at york.ac.uk>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I tried to install some exentions from https://extensions.gnome.org/
>>> but I get:
>>> You do not appear to have an up to date version of GNOME3. You won't be
>>> able to install extensions from here. See the about page for more
>>> information
>>>
>>> While:
>>> rpm -q gnome-shell
>>> gnome-shell-3.2.1-2.fc16.i686
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thank.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ---
>>>  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
>>>  Department of Chemistry            |   |  Phone: (44)-(0)-1904-434384
>>>  The University of York             |   |  Fax:   (44)-(0)-1904-432516
>>>  Heslington                         |   |
>>>  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |  email: patrick.dupre at york.ac.uk

---