Print problems in AdobeReader (F16)

Dale Dellutri daledellutri at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:36:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 3:11 AM, David Jansen <jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> Well, this may not be the perfect place to ask about a closed-source
> program, but I'm probably not the only one installing AdobeReader (acroread)
> on a Linux system.
> Ever since installing Fedora 16, AdobeReader's print properties dialogue is
> unusable: no options visible, and the line displaying the print command is
> no longer editable. Everything else works, displaying PDFs, and printing
> using the "custom" printer and specifying the lpr options manually. But that
> is of course not very convenient.

I have acroread on F16 (64 bit), and it works fine.  All options visible.
However, when you install AdobeReader_enu, it does not automatically
bring in all the rpms that acroread really needs.  You must also install
  PackageKit-gtk-module, libcanberra-gtk2, gtk2-engines
at least, and perhaps more.  (Some of the dependencies may have
been already installed before installing AdobeReader_enu.)

--
Dale Dellutri