Print problems in AdobeReader (F16)

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Jan 17 17:44:08 UTC 2012

Thanks for the suggestions on Acroread. as far as I know, i have all the
dependencies installed as rpms. The difference seems to be cups; if I
define a local printer, I can access its options, but when cups is set
up to browse for printers (and finding the ones on the RHEL 6 server),
the print property box is empty.
My mistake for mentioning the uneditable lpr line, that was indeed the
same in previous fedora releases, so it is meant this way, to just
display the command it is going to use, but to change the command, you
go through the dialogs. Which are invisible in my case.

ok, probably no real solution then, except hoping that adobe will some
day start supplying updates for Linux again. But since the Linux version
is already so far behind the windows and mac versions, it is probably
time to just forget about acroread and use open source tools.

David Jansen