Looking for beautiful themes, application settings, fonts, etc. (KDE)

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:57:59 UTC 2012

I didn't install Chrome, but thanks to the suggestions here, mainly
the screen resolution, my desktop is now beautiful.  Almost stunning,
actually.

Things I did
- disable the laptop display, which for some reason set the resolution
to 128x129.   With just the U3011, I get a resolution of 75x75.
- enabled anti aliasing
- installed a 2560x1600 desktop wallpaper image
- selected the Oxygen theme

I have 2 issues yet.

1) When I go back to operating with just the laptop, ie no u3011, the
fonts are huge.  For some reason the resolution gets set to 128x129.
Not sure why.

2) The fonts in gmail in Firefox and only gmail are ugly.  Every other
page looks quite nice.

Thanks for all the help.