F16 changes

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 24 01:48:00 UTC 2012

On 1/23/2012 5:35 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I'm thinking of setting up a new CentOS user with ID 1000,
> moving all my files to the new user,
> removing my old user entry,
> and finally changing the username of the new user back to me.

Tim:

That's what I did ... brute force rather than clever and haven't had a
single problem between F14 and F16 since. There's lots of past postings
about any gotchas (the only ones I encountered were making sure only the
dot files that you care about are copied into the new user's home and
general cleanup with any wheel/sudo access).

Paul