USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Jul 4 10:08:28 UTC 2012

Am 04.07.2012 12:03, schrieb Ed Greshko:
> On 07/04/2012 05:51 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> No harm, but increased risk that the list owner(s) will be flooded with such
>> requests unnecessarily by lazy people who could unsubscribe themselves.
>
> I am pretty sure that my mentioning it isn't going to cause a flood of workload for
> anyone. Besides their email address is already known.

that does not matter, the way to go is with the link in the
footer or reading mail-headers which are in each mail of
any mailing-list

Sender: users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org

> I wouldn't characterize people as lazy who have problems with computer systems.
> If I did, I'd have to call my parents lazy :-)

not reading mail-footers and naively post to the whole list "unsubscribe me"
is a combination of lazy/dumb - what do such people expect? that anybody
can unsubscribe everyone just for fun - this is not realistic