And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:05:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Ed Gurski <ed at gurski.com> wrote:

> I too am an older person, retired for 5 years and have been using Fedora
> from it's inception. I have several boxes running Fedora, one even
> running VMWare Workstation with Windows 7 as a guest, without problems!

I'm glad it works for you.  It is unlikely it would work for me, and that's
why I have focused on dom0 support.  VMWare Player under Windows actually
does rather poorly over peripherals that are actually controlled by the
host OS (in my case, it has been Windows) and that require real-time
responsiveness.  Examples would be cameras and sound cards, which, in my
case, also coordinate with Flash.  That means that I have to use those
things for certain applications in the host OS, not a guest OS.  I am
anticipating that I will be able to do that in Ubuntu but not in Fedora,
and conversations in Ubuntu forums indicates that my exact hardware should
work just fine.

Since you are an older person, like me, you have less time to put up with
things you don't like, such as people who make posts that you find to be
disagreeable.  You also have less time to do most anything else, so it
might be a good idea to spend it on enterprises with a possible positive
outcome.  Trying to influence me as you have would not be on such a list.

Robert Myers.