F17 cursor problem : request

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jul 7 02:10:40 UTC 2012

On 07/07/2012 09:54 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 20:33 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>> But even the control key function *and* a pair of eyes on each of
>> two panels, together, are still more distracting and less convenient
>> than a good big mouse cursor, especially a colored one.
> Yes, at times I've lost my mouse, and found it very hard to find again.
> Made all the more worse for Fedora's propensity for sending the mouse
> running off wildly in some random direction if anything lightly touched
> the mouse.  Yes, it's done this since Red Hat Linux days, on several
> completely different computers and mice (USB mice seem the less likely
> to do it), and I'm not the only one to have brought this up.

I've not had any problems with mice in a long time.  I think the last time was on
RHELv4 when using the nVidia drivers.  I found that using xinput and futzing with the
"Device Accel" properties fixed things for me.  YMMV.

I've not had much problem with finding a cursor.  I use KDE and stick with a pretty
basic theme where most of the background contrasts greatly with the cursor.  I also
use a cursor theme that is larger than the default.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage