Fedora 18 and UEFI

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jul 7 12:54:11 UTC 2012

Am 07.07.2012 14:46, schrieb Carroll Grigsby:
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 08:58:31 -0300
> Itamar Reis Peixoto <itamar at ispbrasil.com.br> wrote:
>> I think we are bigger enough to say no and buy only hardware
>> compatible.
>
> Good luck with that!  I've been thinking about replacing this computer
> with something newer, so when I was in my local computer store
> yesterday, I asked if they had any motherboards or systems that did
> not have this UEFI/Microsoft crap installed. Nope. None. Nil. Zilch.
> Nada. Ain't no such critter. All gone. It's hiding with Judge
> Crater and Jimmy Hoffa. You get the message...

you should realize that UEFI has origin nothing to do
with Microsoft and secure boot, all my workstations
are supporting UEFI and are completly microsoft-free
and were even shipped with a HP branded Debian

Micorsoft is NOT in teh position to close the x86
market only for them because if the would try it
history repeats and these days the EU would be
the next killing their business in whole europe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft