Hardware vendors

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 19:00:51 UTC 2012

Steven Stern wrote:

> Now that I'm done with Dell, I've priced out systems on
> Ohava, zareason, and System76.
> The quotes come out with insignificant dollar differences.
> Do you have any experience with these vendors?

> 1) No, I don't want to assemble my own machine from parts.
> 2) I plan to install Fedora 17
> 3) Looking at a quad core i5-3550, 8GB memory, standard "intel advanced
> graphics" rather than a more expensive Radeon card.
> 4) 500GB SATA disk  <<<< only one
> 5) mini- or mid-tower case

at the risk of intruding here with a suggestion of another vendor
who will load fedora or any other linux:

http://www.netexpresslabs.com

I have used them in the past with great satisfaction,
both with the ordering process and follow up on any problems.
I am likely to use them in near future again to replace
my old p4 desktop.

they do business mainly via email, so you could easily get
a quote in short order.

more of their website:

"Our current product line includes a variety of servers and workstations which
are available preloaded with UNIX, UNIX clones....."
 Our address is sales[at]netexpresslabs[dot]com.
We also offer assistance in selecting the best software and hardware
for each customer and their specific application.
Please feel free to ask for advice. We don’t expect our
customers to be aware of the very latest updates in hardware and software.
That’s our job."

Jack