Hardware vendors

Bruce Byfield bbyfield at axion.net
Sun Jul 8 21:34:09 UTC 2012

> On Sun, 2012-07-08 at 12:42 -0400, Steven Stern wrote:

> > 1) No, I don't want to assemble my own machine from parts.

In any reasonable-sized city, you should be able to find a local computer store
that specializes in customized workstations. Just come in with your specs and
brand preferences, and the store will do the rest for you.

It's been twenty years since I've bought a workstation any other way, and I've
never had any problems, or paid significantly more. But I appreciate knowing
exactly what goes into my machines, and being able to talk face to face if any
problems come up.

--
Bruce Byfield, Burnaby BC 604-421-7189  (on Pacific time)
blog: https://brucebyfield.wordpress.com