Matching message headers in mutt hooks

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:55:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 04:34:01PM +0200, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 04:23:21PM +0200, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> >
> > I should probably have indicated that 'copiousoutput' should be
> > on the SAME line as "application/pdf; pdftotext %s %s.txt \; cat %s.txt
> > \; rm -f %s.txt ;"
> >
> > I don't use it myself anymore so I tried it now and that works.
> >

> Yes, I suspected it was a typo so I looked up `man mailcap' before
> trying it. :) I tried with another pdf, again a beamer presentation but
> this time more text than plots and I could see a preview indeed!
>
> > I would also change the ~/.muttrc entry to:
> > auto_view text/html application/pdf
> > (leave out the 'message/*')
> >

> Okay, I'll leave out the message.
>
> > I am a bit rusty on mutt mime so I copied from an old laptop
> > I hardly ever use anymore where I also have the following line in
> > the ~/.mailcap file:
> > text/html; elinks -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput
> > to get a text vesion of html mail.
> >

> My line looks similar except for s/elinks/w3m/. :)
>
> Thanks a lot.

I'm no mutt expert, but I keep my configs here for public copying/use:
http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/configs/mutt/

Obviously you should not just copy my config in wholesale or things
will break badly. ;-) But you can look through it for ideas.  If you
don't know what a particular command means, look at the mutt docs in
/usr/share/doc/mutt-* on your machine, or GIYF.  Hope this is helpful
to you!