Matching message headers in mutt hooks

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:34:01 UTC 2012

Hi Alex,

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 04:23:21PM +0200, Alexander Volovics wrote:

> I should probably have indicated that 'copiousoutput' should be
> on the SAME line as "application/pdf; pdftotext %s %s.txt \; cat %s.txt
> \; rm -f %s.txt ;"
>
> I don't use it myself anymore so I tried it now and that works.

Yes, I suspected it was a typo so I looked up `man mailcap' before
trying it. :) I tried with another pdf, again a beamer presentation but
this time more text than plots and I could see a preview indeed!

> I would also change the ~/.muttrc entry to:
> auto_view text/html application/pdf
> (leave out the 'message/*')

Okay, I'll leave out the message.

> I am a bit rusty on mutt mime so I copied from an old laptop
> I hardly ever use anymore where I also have the following line in
> the ~/.mailcap file:
> text/html; elinks -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput
> to get a text vesion of html mail.

My line looks similar except for s/elinks/w3m/. :)

Thanks a lot.

:)

--
Suvayu