wine-mono is not welcome

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Wed Jul 11 12:24:34 UTC 2012

Il giorno mer, 11/07/2012 alle 12.08 +0200, Mateusz Marzantowicz ha
scritto:

> Try to be more pragmatic not religious and hypocritical when talking
> about software. Why are you using Wine in the first place if you hate M$
> trojans so much? Maybe to emulate M$ trojan environment to run evil
> Windows apps? So you condemn Mono but have no problem in running other
> Windows software?

Thanks Mateusz for your correct reply to my "hypocritical" question.

In fact I do not use wine, is a package that I installed but never used.

Lately I've had no need to run MS apps with wine, and often times I've
tried this, the MS apps do not working properly.

My problem comes from the fact that I had inserted in yum.conf
"exclude=*mono*", and today the yum update does not work anymore.

So, as you suggest, the solution for me is very simple: "yum remove
wine".

The new question now is: how to remove also all wine dependence (some a
lot of i386 library)? there is a yum's flags or options for do this?

Thanks and sorry if I gave the impression to want start a religion's
war.

Regards

Dario Lesca - sip:dario at solinos.it
(Inviato dal mio Fedora Linux)