wine-mono is not welcome

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Wed Jul 11 14:08:30 UTC 2012

On 11.07.2012 14:24, Dario Lesca wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 11/07/2012 alle 12.08 +0200, Mateusz Marzantowicz ha
> scritto:
>
>> Try to be more pragmatic not religious and hypocritical when talking
>> about software. Why are you using Wine in the first place if you hate M$
>> trojans so much? Maybe to emulate M$ trojan environment to run evil
>> Windows apps? So you condemn Mono but have no problem in running other
>> Windows software?
> Thanks Mateusz for your correct reply to my "hypocritical" question.
>
> In fact I do not use wine, is a package that I installed but never used.
>
> Lately I've had no need to run MS apps with wine, and often times I've
> tried this, the MS apps do not working properly.
>
> My problem comes from the fact that I had inserted in yum.conf
> "exclude=*mono*", and today the yum update does not work anymore.
>
> So, as you suggest, the solution for me is very simple: "yum remove
> wine".
>
> The new question now is: how to remove also all wine dependence (some a
> lot of i386 library)? there is a yum's flags or options for do this?
>
> Thanks and sorry if I gave the impression to want start a religion's
> war.
>
> Regards

I meant no offense.

I just misunderstood the "troian horse" part of your post. Personally I
don't consider authorized system package to be a troian horse.

To see what packages are left on your system you can type:
package-cleanup --orphans. I think you can combine this command with
yum: yum remove $(  package-cleanup --orphans  ). There is first line of
output from package-cleanup which will cause some errors but you can
ignore them.

Mateusz Marzantowicz