Adding static routes with fc17

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 01:37:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have an fc17 install with a single interface and need to add another
route in addition to the default route. Previously, I could create
"route-eth0" (assuming eth0) with the following:

x.x.x.x/z.z.z.z dev eth0

where x is the network and z is the netmask, and it would add the
route. With this same configuration on fc17, it just complains about
"Error: Unknown connection" along with some random ID number.

I can create the route manually using route such as:

# route add -net x.x.x.x netmask z.z.z.z dev eth0

I'm unable to find the corresponding documentation that I used for
fc16 for fc17. What is the proper way to add a static route with fc17?

There is no router for the x.x.x.x network defined above -- it's just
a flat network with a default route on the same network as its IP
address.

Thanks,
Alex